Thursday, January 12, 2012

25 Questions #1

As I was getting ready this morning, and throughout the day, this is what I've been thinking about . .
  1. What question am I trying to answer in the field?
  2. What population will I be working with?
  3. Which organizations will I be working with?
  4. What methods am I allowed to use to research my topic?
  5. Does it matter if my research topic seems to have an obvious answer?
  6. What should I be looking for to determine if one person is healthier than another?
  7. Do I need to use a model for my research?
  8. Would it be better to measure self-efficacy instead of health?
  9. Will I have access to patient records?
  10. What do I want to be able to do with my research post field study?
  11. Will that make a difference what I choose to study?
  12. What questions should I be asking people in South Africa?
  13. Are there cultural barriers that would make this study difficult to accomplish?
  14. Are there ethical guidelines that would prevent me from completing this study?
  15. How will I know if my study was effective?
  16. What do I need to do to OK my project with the organizations in SA?
  17. What kinds of diagnostic tools will I have available to me in SA?
  18. Will those tools be consistent across organizations?
  19. What kinds of foods grow in SA?
  20. Does the population of SA have access to imported foods?
  21. What are the dietary recommendations for AIDS patients?
  22. Are the dietary supplement programs based on these guidelines?
  23. Are certain populations more likely to be malnourished than others?
  24. If there are populations less likely to get adequate nutrition, are they the same ones that are at increased risk for AIDS?
  25. Do the AIDS programs target these populations, or just the upper socioeconomic groups?
  26. What could be done to target the groups that need the most help?

No comments:

Post a Comment