Development Bank of Southern Africa (2008). Combatting malnutrition in South Africa: input paper for health roadmap. Retrieved from http://www.dbsa.org/Research/Documents/South%20Africa%20Nutrition_%20input%20paper_roadmap.pdf
This is an excellent source for my research. It was published by the Development Bank of Southern Africa, which is an organization in South Africa whose goal is to improve the quality of life of those in Southern AFrica through financing sustainable development programs. This document is an assessment of the current state of malnutrition in South Africa, as well as a historical analysis of what has been undertaken in the past few years, how it was successful, and how it could have been more efficacious. I am really excited to delve into this paper because I think it will help me to understand what it is I am dealing with, and to get a better idea of the current state of things like Jackie suggested I do. Additionally, the development bank may be a good resource for future research and possibly even collaboration while in the field. Another benefit of this document is that one of its focuses is on women, especially those affected by "communicable and non-communicable diseases." One of the key health issues in South Africa is HIV/AIDS, and this is also addressed in relation to the issue of malnutrition.
No comments:
Post a Comment